Zope is Evil is back.

Gillou nospam at bigfoot.com
Mon Aug 6 05:03:07 EDT 2001

Paul,

Thanks for your valuable pointers. But this emphasizes what I said in my
post:
There are too many various extensions/products the newbie should search for
and install to have more comfortable development/production environment.
Those essential extensions should be included as Zope standard features.
That's the reason why I won't go to Zope 2.4.x right now (to many risks with
all essential products I'm actually using).
Except if essential products are available for Zope 2.4.x only.
Beside this we got things like siteaccess (only for those who do virtual
hosting) or ZGadflyDA (who will use Gadfly with Zope except for learning
ZSQL methods - can do this with mySQL too) in the standard Zope package that
are not of interest to me as to most Zope users I guess.
In addition, some products change some features of their API even for minor
releases that make the upgrades messy and dangerous (see
http://www.squishdot.org/Documentation/upgrades.html)
As I said in my previous post, I needed some days to learn Python, I can use
most(s) subtile and strange features of Zope after 4 intensitive months. And
I don't want to re-learn at new releases.
Now I need to learn how to customize the CMF (http://cmf.zope.org) and I
don't see how I can manage it without hacking the code (where is there a
REAL doc for the CMF ?)

--Gillou

"Paul Winkler" <slinkp23 at yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3B6B3F0B.582EA80D at yahoo.com...
> Gillou wrote:
>
> > I still can't understand how to debug DTML.
>
> I found this product to be very helpful:
> http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/ZDebug
> It makes the traceback page a lot more informative.
>
> > What's missing:
> >
> > - The ability to mix easily Python and DTML in one object like PHP or
JSP