Python for XML processing (newbie)

Garry Hodgson garry at
Wed Aug 29 15:42:27 CEST 2001

Karthik Gurumurthy wrote:

> i have written a few xml parsing stuff using python's xml library.
> I c'd get things done easily.
> I w'd greatly appreciate it if someone c'd point out the difference between
> using say a
> java parser like xerces and the one we have in the python library.
> any advantages?? etc?

the advantage to using the python library is that you don't
have to use java.

Garry Hodgson                   sometimes we ride on your horses
Senior Hacker                   sometimes we walk alone
Software Innovation Services    sometimes the songs that we hear
AT&T Labs                       are just songs of our own
garry at