PyGTK - 1.5.2 not 2.1

Adam 'Vonlia' Seyfarth adam.seyfarth at home.com
Sat Aug 25 18:44:31 EDT 2001

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, Adam 'Vonlia' Seyfarth wrote:
>
> > Hi python people -
> > 	I was trying to find a gfx package for Python, and I tried it.
> > I have python aliased to /usr/local/bin/python2.1 and running python on
> > their examples said it couldn't find the module gtk.  But after
> > unalias-ing it, they worked, and it is cool!  I would rather use
> > Python2.1 if I can, but I don't use it's features, so I don't care much.
> > But, do other people use PyGTK with 2.1?
>
> Back in November 2000 a very similar question was asked on the PyGTK mailing
> list, except it was with Python 2.0. The answer was basically "recompile it
> with the newer version of Python". Try that and see if it works.

After it didn't work the first time, I immediately recompiled.  ie, I
did ./configure; make; sudo make install again and it still didn't work.

> OTOH, it may be that the PyGTK libraries only exist in your Python 1.5
> site-packages directory. Check that, but I suggest the recompile.

I imagine that's what it is.  Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I check
it?

--
     I always wondered about the meaning of life. so I looked it up in
     the dictionary under "L" and there is was - the meaning of life.

   /||  Adam Seyfarth   <http://members.home.net/adam.seyfarth/>  ||\
  /«||  <mailto:cloud at users.sf.net>       Geekcode, version 3.12  ||»\
   \||  O M- V- PE- Y PGP- t 5 X R tv+ b+ DI+ D+ G e-- h! !r !y+  ||/