ActivePython and Python2.2a1 (IDLE)

CCLittle nospam at ihatespam.com
Sun Aug 5 16:57:10 EDT 2001

Hello,

Is there a bug with python on win2k that I don't know about?  ActivePython
runs fine, but if I don't something like:
dir(__builtins__)
the list goes on without linewrapping.  How do I fix this?

In IDLE for Python 2.2a1
It just crashes and quits after some simple try and except statements in the
interpreter.
>>> import sys
>>> raise hello, 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in ?
    raise hello, 1
NameError: name 'hello' is not defined
>>> sys.exc_type
>>> sys.exc_type()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#3>", line 1, in ?
    sys.exc_type()
TypeError: object is not callable: None
>>> sys.exc_value
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#4>", line 1, in ?
    sys.exc_value
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'exc_value'
>>> reload(sys)

press returns here causes the interpreter to quit without an error generated
by windows.

This is making my python development *a bit* difficult.  Any thoughts?

TIA
COW