choice between quotes thoughts

Greg Ewing greg at
Fri Aug 17 03:17:23 CEST 2001

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk wrote:
> Let me add that I planned to extend this idea for another language
> in one of two ways:

If you're interested in ideas from other languages,
in ALAN (a language for text adventure games), double
quotes denote a string, whereas single quotes denote
a "quoted identifer", which is syntactically an
identifier but can contain any characters.

Something like that could have uses when binding
to external libraries which have identifiers clashing
with reserved words in your language.

Christchurch, New Zealand