win32com: Setting ByRef parameters in an event

Paul Moore gustav at morpheus.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 27 17:45:19 EDT 2001

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:03:00 GMT, Mark Hammond <MarkH at ActiveState.com> wrote:

>This is kinda-of "damned if you do, damned if you don't".

*That* sounds exactly true...

>I think the
>correct answer is for the program itself to install its own Ctrl+C
>handler - this should be possible from Python itself.

But I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Are you saying that my Python
program, which calls a COM component's Sleep() method, should be able to
establish a Ctrl-C handler which will pick up Ctrl-C and interrupt the sleep? I
thought that the KeyboardInterrupt handler was meant to be that? Or do you mean
SetConsoleCtrlHandler? How can I get access to that from Python?

[Sorry - that sounds like one of those "please tell me what to do so I don't
have to think" posts. I don't mean it like that - I'm just not 100% sure I
understand the issues and what's going on, so I'm floundering a bit...]

Thanks,
Paul