Upgrading Python Breaks Extensions; Fix proposal

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Aug 29 09:27:05 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.999084703.13690.python-list at python.org>, Ignacio
Vazquez-Abrams <ignacio at openservices.net> writes

>No, because if a program depends on 2.0 working a certain way then it would
>break anyways with 2.1, so we'd be back where we were.

well then it would break in unix as well so there'd be no advantage.
Some of my extensions don't get very deep and look like they would work
OK from 1.5.2 to 2.1. Problem is all those function call like usages are
often macros and make things more dependent so I'm fairly confident
things would actually break.
--
Robin Becker