Facilities Management software

Bart Bartels Bart.Bartels at vu.edu.au
Wed Aug 22 03:59:26 EDT 2001

G'Day Kenneth

I think that starting simple might be the go.  If we get something happening
then the feed back will assist in guiding the development.

> > -    record job requests

Get info:
    Who called
    Contact details :- phone/email, department
    What the problem is
    Where the problem is :- building, room

> > -    track job requests

Allocate task: (this would be the facilities staff)
    to trademan/technician
    authorised/assigned by
    priority
    start date/time
    finish by date/time

> >-    provide feedback to job requester

Email response back outlining when task allocated and to whom?

> > -    close job request

On completion by trade, record
    Time taken hours/minutes
    material cost $
    email to originator that the task is complete

> > -    enter additional data on job

Allocate to budget
record misc. info if any

> > -    trends and histories

Be able to generate reports in a freeform manner i.e. no predefined reports

> This is exactly what we want, but we need to have the details more specific,
> so we could work on the process model.
>
> cheers, Kenneth

Is this what you wanted?

Bart