ANN: PythonCard prototype release 0.4.1

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Fri Aug 17 17:20:48 EDT 2001

Sorry, I don't have an exact date for you. I'm evangelizing as best I can.

What I do know is that there is a development port of wxWindows 2.3.1 for
MacOS 9.x and MacOS X.
http://www.wxwindows.org/

I know of at least one program that is supposed to be using wxWindows on the
Mac
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Since a stable wxWindows 2.3.x port to MacOS 9.x and MacOS X is the first
step in getting wxPython ported, this is good news. I'm not a Mac user
myself anymore, so I can't vouch for the quality of the existing port, but I
want to see it happen probably as bad as many Mac users. Any Mac developers
that can lend a hand in getting the wxPython port completed should contact
Robin Dunn (wxPython author) directly at robin at alldunn.com

ka

"Tom Loredo" <loredo at astro.cornell.edu> wrote in message
news:3B7D8191.37669573 at astro.cornell.edu...
> Kevin Altis wrote:
>
> > PythonCard relies on wxPython, it will support the Macintosh once
wxPython
> > has been ported to the Mac.
>
> What's the latest on when this might happen?  It was said to be "soon" a
year
> and a half or two years ago; in the meantime I gave up checking on it.
Has