Suggestions for simple persistance in a web app?

Franz GEIGER fgeiger at datec.at
Sat Aug 25 10:08:31 EDT 2001

> using the CGI-one shot version of webware and don't want to also have
> to load a complete database into memory.  So, mysql, postgress, and

One-shot restarts the app server everytime you call it. This is for
development only. Using a db server should prevent you from loading a db
into mem in either case.

> such are too heavy.
No. If you do serious work, you *will* need a db system. I've wasted
precious time lookin' for a way not to use an RDBMS. Seems that you are at a
point I was a few months ago.

> such are too heavy. I'll be lucky to find a way to run Webware on an
> isp's site anyway.  Are there any alternative database libraries for

They maintain a list of Webware driendly ISPs.

After working with Webware for some time now i can say it is definitely a
pleasure to use it. Its MiddleKit lets you use an RDBMS (right now it's
MySQL and MS SQL Server) with very little pain (if there's any).

Regards
Franz

news:283adf56.0108241955.4e18b07e at posting.google.com...