Question about nested lists!

rainlet orrego at mail2000.com.tw
Thu Aug 2 22:59:06 EDT 2001

I use a nested list to make a 2-d array. The code follows:

    floor_member = [ 0 ]

    for x in range ( 9 ) :
        floor_member.append ( 0 )

    floor = [ floor_member ]

    for y in range ( 9 ) :
        floor.append ( floor_member )

    floor [ 5 ] [ 5 ] = 1

    for n in range ( 10 ) :
        print floor [ n ]
#code end

I only assign floor [ 5 ] [ 5 ] = 1, but the result is :

[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0]
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0]
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0]
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0]
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0]
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0]
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0]
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0]
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0]
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0]

Is this a bug? Please help me debug. I can't see anything wrong!
Thank you!