PyQt install problem

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 8 02:27:41 EDT 2001

Bruce Wolk <bawolk at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> I compiled the sip-2.4.tar.gz  and   PyQt-2.4.tar.gz versions under
> Red Hat 7.1 against Qt2.3 and Python 2.1, both without any errors.  When
> I run the PyQt examples as root, I get the following message, but the
> examples run:

It would be interesting to examine the output of ldd on your
generated PyQt module, to see whether the Qt library it thinks it's
linked to actually exists - perhaps root and plain users have different
library paths.

If everything fails it might be best to ask on the PyKDE mailing list:

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org