Zope python paths

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 09:14:34 EDT 2001

I have just installed Zope 2.4 and am trying to get some packages to run
with it. These are failing fairly miserably with really strange errors
such as can't find module asyncore.

I suspect path confusion with my existing Python 2.1 setup.

A simple check with an external method

def pythonPath():
        import sys
        s='path=\n'
        for p in sys.path:
                s += p + '\n'
        return s

give me that the path inside this method is

path=
C:\Python\WebSite\lib\python\ZopeZODB3
C:\Python\WebSite\lib\python
C:\Python\WebSite
C:\Python\WebSite/lib/python
C:\Python\WebSite/bin/lib
C:\Python\WebSite/bin/lib/plat-win
C:\Python\WebSite/bin/lib/win32
C:\Python\WebSite/bin/lib/win32/lib
C:\Python\WebSite
C:\Python\WebSite
c:\python\pythonwin                     !
c:\python\win32                         !
c:\python\win32\lib                     !
c:\python                               !
c:\python\website\bin\dlls
c:\python\website\bin\lib
c:\python\website\bin\lib\plat-win
c:\python\website\bin\lib\lib-tk
c:\python\website\bin

the bits marked with ! are obviously causing some confusion as they
relate to my existing installation. Is there an obvious way to inhibit
this erroneous path pickup if I can determine where it comes from?

I don't seem to have a PYTHONPATH environment variable set in the .cmd
file that runs zope.
--
Robin Becker