Creating pdf invoices with python

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Aug 8 20:17:50 EDT 2001

Joonas Paalasmaa wrote:

> How can I create pdf invoices with Python.
> I think reportlab can do the job, but i couldn't find any invoice
> examples

Not that I'm actually recommending this, in your case, as the
other posts have the good answers :-), but another option
is to use Python simply to generate XSL-FO output, then use
an external package to transform that into PDF.  The xml.apache.org
project has FOP, and there is at least one commercial package,
(for Win32 only I believe) called RenderX, which can do the
job.

(Flames from anti-XML fanatics will be repelled by asbestos
filters in my newsreader. :-)

Something I'd like to have the time to work on: a Python-based
XSL-FO to PDF converter.  Has anyone started SourceForge project
#9982111 for this while I wasn't looking?

--
Peter Hansen, P.Eng.
peter at engcorp.com