COM Events in multithreaded app trouble.

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Tue Aug 7 21:16:25 EDT 2001

rcspython at yahoo.com wrote:
> I have only 2 threads running in this test (the main and one COM
> object wrapper)

I am not sure exactly what the "COM object wrapper" thread is.  Is it a
thread you created that loops?  If so, it too must be running a message
loop.

> Am I suffering from a GCE (Gross conceptual error) or making a simple
> mistake?
>
> Any help would be welcome as I am quite stuck at the moment.

COM threading models are quite complex.  I have made my best attempt at
describing them in O'Reilly's "Python Programming on Win32".

Mark.