Urllib/httplib and cookies

Doug Fort dougfort at dougfort.net
Tue Aug 7 11:26:10 EDT 2001

Lad wrote:

> Hi,

> Does UrlLib (any other)module support cookies? An example is

> mail.yahoo.com where I must first sign-in and then cookies are return

> for this session and only then I can read my mails.

> Thanks for help.

> Ladislav

Cookies are just HTTP headers, urllib and httplib don't get involved at

that level. There's a 'Cookie' module in the Python library. It's for

server-side cookie handling, which I don't think you're interested in.

However, it's worth reading. I've attached the code we use for cookies at

www.stressmy.com.

--

Doug Fort <dougfort at dougfort.net>

http://www.dougfort.net