Python on riscos

Gareth McCaughan Gareth.McCaughan at pobox.com
Mon Aug 20 16:04:37 EDT 2001

Tim Howarth wrote:

[someone else:]
> > Unfortunately you can't run ITS on RISC OS as there is no port of Tk which
> > ITS uses for its GUI.
>
> How big/difficult would it be to port Tk using the toolbox modules ?

The value of the time it would take to do it would probably
exceed the cost of a new machine running Windows or *nix.
How important is it that the thing should run on your Risc PC?

By the way, I have a hazy recollection that someone *did* port
some, at least, of Tk to RISC OS. I don't know how easy it would
be to make the Python port work nicely with it, and I don't
now remember how complete the port was or who did it or anything
useful like that.

Gareth McCaughan  Gareth.McCaughan at pobox.com
.sig under construc