FEEDBACK WANTED: Type/class unification

Steve Holden sholden at
Thu Aug 2 16:07:32 CEST 2001

"William Tanksley" <wtanksle at> wrote ...
[ ... ]
> Oops, I just realised that using 'class' as a variable name can't possibly
> work: the parser can't currently disambiguate
> class = myClass
> from a class declaration, since both start with the token "class".
I've spent a couple of minutes trying to remember if I ever wrote

    self = something

Nope, don't remember that. Which isn't to say it might not be meaningful in
some context I haven't imagined.

Surely it would be no more meaningful to assign to class than it would to
self? Not, you understand, that this means there are no other ambiguties in