how do i make a grapical thingie?

Al Gonzalez alberto at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 30 16:23:14 EDT 2001

See Tkinter for information on gui stuff.

wxPython also seems to be a pretty nice library for gui's

# -- Start Code
import tkMessageBox

text = "Hello Jeroen!"
tkMessageBox.showinfo("Message", text)

text = "Do you like Python so far?"
if tkMessageBox.askyesno("Question", text):
    text = "It can become addictive :-)"
    tkMessageBox.showwarning("Warning", text)
else:
    text = "Give it some more time"
    tkMessageBox.showerror("Error", text)

#-- End Code

There are also functions named askquestion, askokcancel and askretrycancel.

I've been using it for about a week and am having fun learning and also
coming
up with small projects to practice on.

Note: When you get to using databases, you might want to look into MetaKit.

news:fbwj7.40$YN5.244 at pollux.casema.net...