Writeing new files

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Aug 29 16:14:45 EDT 2001

"eber kain" <eberkain at earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:b5f84cf8.0108291125.1fffe46b at posting.google.com...
> When i run this code
>
> name= Create('Name')
> file= open('%s.btv' % name, "w")
>
> i end up with a file name that has a set of ' ' around the name like so
>
> 'Name'.btv
>
> How can i fix this?

>>> name = Create('Name')
Traceback (innermost last):
NameError: There is no variable named 'Create'

I think we need a little more context before we can be of much help, despite
this newsgroup's famous psychic debugging abilities. That is, unless someone
out there wants to prove me wrong ...

About all I can tell you is that you are putting quotes in somewhere they
aren't required, but you'd probably wirked that out.

Eber, please post the whole program, or if it's too long (say, > 100 lines)
or a secret then write a shorter program to demonstrate the bug and post
that.

regards
 Steve
--