Compiling to include Tkinter/IDLE: HOWTO?

Kirby Urner urner at alumni.princeton.edu
Tue Aug 28 13:07:14 EDT 2001

Postscript:

I figured this out.  Mandrake install CDs didn't bother to install
all the X11R6 include files by default, so Xlib.h which simply
absent from my system.  I used the RPM manager to
locate the missing stuff, did a fresh untar of Python2.2,
and reran everything from the beginning.  Also grabbed the
idle stuff out of Tools and copied it to /site-packages.
All is well.

Kirby