FEEDBACK WANTED: Type/class unification

Steve Holden sholden at
Thu Aug 9 00:08:25 CEST 2001

"Ralph Corderoy" <ralph at> wrote in message
news:9ks9mf$p28$1 at
> Hi,
> > > How about my `cl' suggestion?
> >
> > I still like Michael ... sorry, "mycl".
> >
> > Easy to pronounce, easy to understand, and hopefully not too
> > contentious for anyone to bear.
> Err, wrong on that last part :-)  What's the precedence for `my' in
> Python?  Do you use `myself'  ;-)
Well, I suppose there's one in every newsgroup ... ;-)

"Myself" would mean "self of me", so I'm quite happy using "self" as a
synonym for "me". "Mycl", similarly roughly translated, means "class of me",
and I thought it might (mostly on grounds of readability and
pronouncability) find acceptance.

I guess I should stop being so optimistic.