Deposing Dictators

Robin Becker robin at
Thu Aug 2 01:32:56 CEST 2001

In article <mailman.996694328.7115.python-list at>, Tim Peters
< at> writes
excuses and attributions elided.

No matter who decided what it seems clear that the decision to go to /
as float had already been taken long before the flamefest took place.

That makes python's development somewhat less than democratic. We get
the chance to shout, but the DFL has already made the decision. In other
words we get to take part in the decision making process if our views
coincide with the dictator's.

At some point the DFL will make a decision that's wrong. I suppose the
herd will have another group hug and accept it.
Robin Becker