combinations of variable length nested lists

Andrew Walkingshaw andrew-usenet at
Wed Aug 8 16:25:08 CEST 2001

In article <3b7141eb.1491038 at>, David C. Ullrich wrote:

>It's been determined in many examples that if recursion really bothers
>you when you're writing Python it shouldn't. Or at least it's wrong
>to jump to the conclusion that there's anything wrong with it, it
>has often come out to be the best solution or close to it.

I wasn't disputing this; it's just that I'd written the code by the time
I saw the first solutions coming in, and it seemed a shame not to post

FWIW, in practice I'd probably use an approach very similar to the one
you took.

adw27 at (academic) |