question about Sandboxing.

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 11 05:50:22 EDT 2001

"Surial" <surial at crosswinds.net> wrote in message
news:MPG.15de957b96d43b0e989691 at rider...
> In java, you have 2 features which AFAIK are not available in Python,
> which I always assumed to be required for sandboxing:
>
> 'final':
>
> If you can't mark things as final, you can subclass a class, pass it

Except that restricted-execution code can't necessarily get at
the classes it might like to subclass.

> 'private':
>
> take the entire above argument  and adapt it to the fact that
> if nothing is truly private, I can change things anyway.

Bastion lets you totally hide whatever you want from untrusted
code.

In both cases, the key is that introspection facilities of
code subject to restricted execution are limited.

Alex