wxPython Or Tkinter Advise PLEASEEEEEEEEE

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Mon Aug 13 11:23:30 EDT 2001

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 07:29:53 +0000, "Learn Python"
<learnpython at hotmail.com> wrote in comp.lang.python in article
<mailman.997687902.6272.python-list at python.org>:

:Am so confused???
:the docs were OK. There does'nt seem to be a book on it either :-(
:Then can anyone answer the above question:
:"Why the hell hasn't wxPython become the standard GUI for Python yet?"

In addition to the comments by Hans Nowak, let me point out that Tkinter
runs on every platform that Python runs on, whereas wxPython does not.

I tried making this decision a few months ago, myself. When I started
reading Programming Python, 2nd ed., the decision was pretty much made
for me. The book has many, many examples with Tkinter and they seem to
work very well. For me, having a book to explain things is really
necessary. Maybe I'll work with wxPython at some point in the future,
but for now there is not enough information on it to get me over the
learning hurdle.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/