Linked lists (was Re: Typing system vs. Java

Ville Vainio vvainio at karhu.tp.spt.fi
Tue Aug 7 01:26:19 EDT 2001

<mcherm at destiny.com> writes:

> based others are for other special purposes. In contrast, Python
> has just one kind of List (array based).

Which makes me think - why is there no linked list type? Now that we
have iterators, one might assume that linked list would almost always
be a good idea, performance-wise.

I don't care if I had to explicitly express that I want linked list,
it just should be there. Or is the concept problematic in Python, for
some reason?

--
Ville Vainio - http://www.tp.spt.fi/~vvainio - ICQ #115524762
 Wild geese have no intention to cast a reflection