FEEDBACK WANTED: Type/class unification

Guido van Rossum guido at zope.com
Wed Aug 1 15:22:23 EDT 2001

> Nice work!

Thanks.

> I hope it'll go into 2.2.

It will.  Tim will start merging the branch back into the CVS trunk
today or tomorrow.

Temporarily: http://python.mirrors.netnumina.com/2.2/descrintro.html

> > Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
>
> You mention that the mro-list will be constructed at class definition
> time. Does that mean that changes to `__bases__` are going to be
> outlawed? Playing tricks with __bases__ was sometimes handy.

Changes to __bases__ of built-in types have to be outlawed, but for
user-defined types it should be possible.  It's not currently
implemented, but I think it will be.

> Do you have a name for the new lookup rule?

Not yet.  Does it need one?