Checking for attribute in the current module with getattr( )

Joakim Hove hove at phys.ntnu.no
Tue Aug 7 15:04:22 EDT 2001

Hello,

I have written a quite small and simple Python script, schematically
looking like this:

    #!/usr/local/bin/python

    def func1(arg1,arg2):

    def func2(arg1,arg2):

    ## Start of main program

    if hasattr(???,"func1"):   # <- Problematic line!
        print "This module defines a function \"func1\""
    else:
        print "No function \"func1\" defined"

Now, as indicated I don't really know what object to send in to the
hasattr function, indicated with "???" - is what I'm trying to do
possible, and how should I in case do it?

Best regards

Joakim Hove

--
==== Joakim Hove      www.phys.ntnu.no/~hove/   =======================
|| Institutt for fysikk  (735) 93637 / E3-166  |  Skøyensgate 10D    ||