getting *term window dimensions w/o curses

Andrei Kulakov sill at optonline.net
Sun Aug 5 10:42:51 EDT 2001

On 05 Aug 2001 01:05:15 +0300, Erno Kuusela <erno-news at erno.iki.fi> wrote:
> In article <slrn9mopj4.26a.sill at sill.silmarill.org>,
> sill at optonline.net (Andrei Kulakov) writes:
>
>| Is there some way to get aterm (and other terms) window dimension(s)
>| without curses?
>
> use google :)

I'm probably not using a good search string, but search for
python get term size without curses
returned nothing on first 2 pages of hits in google groups..

Anyway, this solution doesn't work in 2.1 - termios module doesn't
have this attribute, (TERMIOS is deprecated and doesn't have it either).

What's tigetstr?
[snip]

get it at: http://silmarill.org/cymbaline