Header inconsistency?

Maciej Sobczak Maciej.Sobczak at cern.ch
Tue Aug 28 03:51:34 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to get my hands dirty with extensions and modules written in
C/C++. I try to use SWIG.
When I've set up to compile the extension as a dynamic library, I've found
that in file config.h that is shipped with Python distribution there are
lines:

typedef long intptr_t;
typedef unsigned long uintptr_t;

whereas in some other files shipped with my compiler (indirectly included by
my lib code) there are:

typedef int intptr_t;
typedef unsigned int uintptr_t;

The net result is that the compiler complains about different base types in
type redefinitions.
I've changed the config.h file to fit the rest and got my job done.

However, I've got a question:
Is this a problem? Or a bug? Should/Can I tinker with the files distributed
with Python this way? Is this a known problem?

Few details:
I use ActiveState2.1.0 distribution and MSVC++ compiler on Win2000.

Thanks in advance,

--
Interested in distributed, object-based programming?
Complete and consistent environment for Linux, Windows, ..., C, C++, ASP,

Maciej Sobczak, http://www.cern.ch/Maciej.Sobczak
"in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice - but in
practice, there is"