PythonWin/Visual SourceSafe Integration

Gerson Kurz gerson.kurz at t-online.de
Wed Aug 29 12:54:06 EDT 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:09:03 -0400, "Steve Holden"
<sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote:

>PythonWin seems to have forgotten about VSS on my Windoze machine.
>
>Until yesterday (which is to say, it worked fine the last time I tried
>it...) I could open a source file in PythonWin, and it would detect an
>appropriate mssccprj.scc file and check files out on demand. Now I just see
>a status message telling me:
>
>    Document is read-only, and no source-control system is configured
>
>As far as I know I haven't made any chages to PythonWin. The problem appears
>to be that
>
>     GetEditorOption("Source Control Module", "")
>
>in document.py is no longer returning an importable module name, but I might
>be off-track here.
>
>Can someone point me in the right direction and save me some debugging time?

1) Have you looked in the registry under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Python 2.1\Python for Win32\Editor\Source
Control Module ? It should probably read pywin.framework.editor.vss

2) Add debug statements to
\python21\pythonwin\pywin\framework\editor\vss. The module gets
imported at a later time.