Adding print-style function calls, and preproc plugins

Donn Cave donn at drizzle.com
Thu Aug 30 16:52:19 EDT 2001

Quoth Gerson.Kurz at t-online.de (Gerson Kurz):
| Well please remember what my original intent was: writing my own print
| function - er - statement. So, is "print e2 e3 e4 e5" a valid statement ?
| No. Is "print e2,e3,e4,e5" ambiguous ? No. So what is the problem?
|
| I was quite astonished about how strongly people seemed to react to that
| idea. Please, my problem was that I had to modify print's behaviour, and
| couldn't do so, because by going from "print" to a function, you have to
| enclose the arguments in brackets.

People enjoy hollering about things sometimes.  If you really want
to get somewhere here, you will probably have to rethink your approach.
Maybe "make print call my own function" is just as good for you as
"write my own print".  If you find that there's something about the
print implementation that needs to change for that, then perhaps you
can make a case for that.

	Donn Cave, donn at drizzle.com