Python 2.1.1-3 RPMs updated with LFS

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Fri Aug 31 02:02:39 EDT 2001

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Sean Reifschneider wrote:

Hi, Sean!

I have problems with your src.rpms on my RedHat 6.2.

expat.src.rpm doesnt produce required expat-devel and thus I can't satisfy
that dependency. Also it would be nice if rpms were universal accross
RedHat 5.x-7.x. I just do not know where to find right expat rpms.
I know, lacking expat-devel is RedHat's fault.

Same problem with db1.

Do you have plans making at least RH 6.x compatible src RPMs?
(see "compiling Python 2.1.1" thread in c.l.p. several days ago)

Thank you!

> Guido has put up my RPMs for Python 2.1.1 (thanks) at:
>
>    http://www.python.org/2.1.1/rpms.html
>
> This includes Large File Support which enables the writing of files larger
> than 2GB.  This also works around the problem with the interpreter exiting
> when a file reaches 2GB.
>
> Included above are links to the SRPM (which includes tunable entries at the
> top of the .spec file.  Also included are binary RPMs built against RedHat
> 7.1.
>
> To build binaries for your specific system, download the .src.rpm and do
> "rpm --rebuild python2-2.1.1-3.src.rpm", or install it and modify the
> settings in the .spec file, then rebuild with "rpm -ba python-2.1.spec".
>
> Enjoy,
> Sean

Sincerely yours, Roman A.Suzi
--