Installing module: import error "No module named 'new'"

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Sun Aug 5 20:06:58 EDT 2001

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001 18:32:47 -0400, "Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com> wrote
in comp.lang.python in article
<mailman.997050790.24946.python-list at python.org>:

:
:It's unclear whether you had problems importing "new" on both platforms or
:only one.  "new" has long been enabled in the Windows Python distribution,
:and became enabled by *default* for other distributions beginning in 1.6.
:Whoever built your Linux version may have disabled it.  If you can't import
:"new" in Windows Python 2.0, something is seriously wrong.

I'm sorry...yes, I received no import error in Windows on the "new"
module. I've been looking at so many docs, and possible modules, and
database modules, and scripts and reading the Google/Deja archives, I'm
afraid I've become terribly confused.

I only had the "new" import error under Linux.

Now, under Windows I had a "fcntl" import error. However, that problem I
understand. Wish people would be more careful when they distribute
modules, to not say they run on "all" platforms, when in fact they are
using OS specific modules. <sigh>

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/