"XXX rd_object called with exception set" on importing StringIO

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 19:13:20 EDT 2001

I'm using Holger Meyer's DBAPI-compliant ingmod module for interfacing
to Ingres databases. After collecting my data and closing the database
connection, I then attempt to pass the data to another module to be
formatted for presentation. However when this module tries to import
StringIO, it crashes with the error message "XXX rd_object called with
exception set". Does anyone know what the problem might be? Is it a
thread issue (the ingmod module is stated to have threadsafety only of
0)?

Hamish Lawson