Compatibility of smtplib with some SMTP server

Dirksen Lau dirksen.lau at polyu.edu.hk
Fri Aug 3 21:09:31 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'm using my campus smtp server to test python's send mail script. It works if the mails are addressed to campus accounts, but strangely fails if addressed to outside networks, such as xx at yahoo.com, The mails just vanish! Using outlook express, I can send mails to xx at yahoo.com throught the campus smtp server. On the other hand, the script works again with xx at yahoo.com if I change to another smtp server. I'm wondering smtplib might have some compatibility issues with smtp server? Am I correct? If so, what can I do about it? I'm running python 1.5.2 win32 bineray version.

Cheers
Dirksen