Compatibility of smtplib with some SMTP server

Dirksen Lau dirksen.lau at
Sat Aug 4 03:09:31 CEST 2001

I'm using my campus smtp server to test python's send mail script. It works if the mails are addressed to campus accounts, but strangely fails if addressed to outside networks, such as xx at, The mails just vanish! Using outlook express, I can send mails to xx at throught the campus smtp server. On the other hand, the script works again with xx at if I change to another smtp server. I'm wondering smtplib might have some compatibility issues with smtp server? Am I correct? If so, what can I do about it? I'm running python 1.5.2 win32 bineray version.