Reading Tapes

Greg Copeland gtcopeland at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 15 10:03:30 EDT 2001

Yes.  NT does allow you to directly access a device in such a manner.  From
the application perspective, it does look like a single large file.  Assuming
the device supports seeks (I'm sure a DAT will), seeks can also be directly
performed on the device in question.

Greg

--
Greg Copeland, Principal Consultant