[Somewhat Off Topic] AI Contest

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Sun Aug 5 13:15:52 EDT 2001

On 5 Aug 2001, Doug Fort wrote:

>>From SlashDot: http://www.a-i.com/challenge/. A contest for developing
>game-playing bots. I really want to write intelligent agents in Python, and
>this sounds like an interesting exercise.
>
>IMHO the extreme flexibility of data structures and procedures makes Python
>a superb language for AI (whatever that is)

To be good for AI, language must have logic programming support.
(I wonder if Guido thinks in this direction 'cause this requires adding
new keywords ;-)

Anyway, it could be nice to see some logic-programming aids
for Python. It could save stalled Catalog-SIG and help with
Distutils and other logic/knowledge-base/AI intensive tasks.

It is already possible to express assertions/predicates using
Python data-structures, but the solver engine comparable to
Prolog is to be written. Or, yes, Python needs larger
sys.getrecursionlimit() for such tasks...

So, it will be interesting to see such results!

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Sunday, August 05, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/