Compatibility of smtplib with some SMTP server

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Sat Aug 4 15:10:44 EDT 2001

Setting the smtp library to run in debug mode will tell you what's happening
between their server and your client.

regards
 Steve
--
http://www.holdenweb.com/

"Dirksen Lau" <dirksen.lau at polyu.edu.hk> wrote in message
Hi,

I'm using my campus smtp server to test python's send mail script. It works
if the mails are addressed to campus accounts, but strangely fails if
addressed to outside networks, such as xx at yahoo.com, The mails just vanish!
Using outlook express, I can send mails to xx at yahoo.com throught the campus
smtp server. On the other hand, the script works again with xx at yahoo.com if
I change to another smtp server. I'm wondering smtplib might have some
compatibility issues with smtp server? Am I correct? If so, what can I do
about it? I'm running python 1.5.2 win32 bineray version.

Cheers
Dirksen