GUI Python interfaces and DataGrids

Boudewijn Rempt boudewijn at tryllian.com
Mon Aug 27 05:00:50 EDT 2001

Joseph Andrew Knapka wrote:

> Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

>> Not if you mean a ready-made data-aware grid control like Visual Basic
>> has. You'll have to roll your own. One problem is that Tkinter, to the
>> best of my knowledge doesn't have a grid control at all.
>
> True, but the grid layout manager makes it extremely easy
> to create one.

Most GUI toolkits will have a grid layout manager where you can easily
make a grid out of arbitrary widgets - but that doesn't offer the
convenience of a good grid widget, where you can don't have to create
a separate widget for every cell, alternate colours between rows, have
a scrollbar to show where you are in the grid and things like that.

The PyQt grid is shown at:

http://doc.trolltech.com/table.html

And the wxPython at:

http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~zeitlin/wxWindows/docs/wxwin172.htm#wxgrid