Deposing Dictactors

sburrious sburr at home.com
Thu Aug 16 16:56:54 EDT 2001

Courageous <jkraska1 at san.rr.com> wrote in message news:<96lintosv5j966334hj45tpeu94iot3m0o at 4ax.com>...
> >>After considering the issue of "who owns Python" for a year or so,
> >>I've come to the conclusion that the people writing the Python
> >>interpreter do...                    ^^^^^^
>
> >I thought we all agreed and accepted that is not how things are
> >supposed to work for Python. And that its quite for the good.
>
> I don't get what you're trying to say.

I think what he's saying is that your use of the plural (see above)
implies a BOFL (benevolent oligarchy for life), rather than a BDFL.  A
BOFL for life would be deplorable.  There would be endless morbid
discussions about which combination of bus accidents should bring the
oligarchy to an end.

I shudder to think of it.

but-just-in-case-voting-for-guido+tim'ly yours, sburrious