PyGTK - 1.5.2 not 2.1x

Adam 'Vonlia' Seyfarth adam.seyfarth at home.com
Sun Aug 26 11:37:01 EDT 2001

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Adam> OK, after the site-packages searching, I found no match for
>     Adam> "*gtk*" in /usr/local/lib/python2.1/site-packages/ but lots of
>     Adam> matches for "*gtk*" in /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages Does this
>     Adam> mean I copy them over?  I'll try that, I don't think it could hurt
>     Adam> anything...
>
> Probably won't work, but I guess it's worth a try.  Much of PyGtk is C code,
> which would have to be recompiled for 2.1.

I don't know whether you are the person that has been responding before,
but I heard that 2 variables have to be changed to compile with 2.1.  He
wouldn't tell me which ones, and when I searched for version with case
insensitivity on, I found PYTHON_VERSION = 1.5 and changed it to 2.1.
It still won't do anything with python2.1...

TIA

--
     [man singing about how huge the universe is]
     Woman: ``Makes you feel, sort of...insignificant...''

   /||  Adam Seyfarth   <http://members.home.net/adam.seyfarth/>  ||\
  /«||  <mailto:cloud at users.sf.net>       Geekcode, version 3.12  ||»\
   \||  O M- V- PE- Y PGP- t 5 X R tv+ b+ DI+ D+ G e-- h! !r !y+  ||/