NetUserGetInfo function problem

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu Aug 23 17:20:11 EDT 2001

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> writes:

> That looks a lot like a count of seconds since Jan 1 1970,
> but it still doesn't seem like it has anything to do with
> Python.

It does because it's the Python win32net (part of the PythonWin
package) module that is translating the timestamp returned by Windows
into a Python time-module compatible value (e.g., a time_t).

> In case you didn't realize: comp.lang.python is for
> questions regarding Python and some general topics
> about software development.  Platform-specific questions
> such as yours are more appropriately directed to another
> newsgroup.

Given that Python does implement OS-specific modules, I don't think we
should exclude platform-specific questions from the Python group.
MS-specific groups aren't going to help with this sort of question,
since the function in question is Python-specific.

Although it's always a good idea to try to identify the platform and
environment within which the question is being raised, since there are
quite a few permutations possible with Python.

--
-- David