Python plugins

Per Wigren wigren at home.se
Sat Aug 18 19:42:36 CEST 2001

Hi!
I'm not subscribed here yet (too high-traffic) but I will when I get
broadband connection in a month or two. Please CC me!

I'm writing a wrapper-program for all kinds of archivers, diskimagetools and
packers (tar, zip, gzip, bzip2, arj, lha together with programs to manipulate
emulator diskimages like .d64, .adf etc). I want to keep the packer-support
separated from the main program and keep them in runtime-loadable modules.

Question: How can I make my pythonprogram scan a dir for plugins and make
them add the needed functionality (=archiver support)?

A simple example would be much appreciated!

Regards
Per Wigren