Update Oreilly books?

Bas van Gils bas.vangils at home.nl
Wed Dec 19 02:43:08 EST 2001

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 12:23:01PM -0600, Luke wrote:
> I agree... Programming Python is a massive treasure trove of topics.  It
> just covers so much.  The Tkinter section is great and pretty extensive,
> the networking and CGI areas are good as well.  Then there are the
> sections on system scripting and so forth.  It is well rounded.  My only
> complaint is the excessive code redundancy--they could have shaved
> 100-200 pages off the thing by not reprinting an entire code example
> when one or two lines change...

I am a believer as well :-) The first edition of PP was my intro in the
world of Python. I still think mr. Lutz dit an excellent job on that
one. I recently purchased the second edition and am reading it back to
back. IMHO the book is written in a consistent manner, has lots of humor
<quite important :-)> in it and many insightfull examples.

However, I agree that some improvements should be made on the index. It
is sometimes hard to find what one needs. Thats why I also bought
"Python Pocket Reference"...

hope this helps :-)

    yours

        Bas van Gils

--
Bas van Gils <bas.vangils at home.nl>   -    http://members.home.nl/bas.vangils
Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will want to use it.