Confusion with Classes

stalin woodsplitter at rocketmail.com
Mon Dec 24 20:24:01 EST 2001

kirifam1 at cs.com (Kirifam1) wrote in message news:<20011224023708.28093.00000469 at mb-cq.news.cs.com>...

> I am pretty new to Python and object oriented programming in general.
> I am writing a gui module... we all need to write our own code sometimes...

  I don't intend to be unfriendly or condescending here, but I think
your approach is a bit skewed.  I agree that "we all need to write our
own code sometimes", but I think that time had better not be when
we're "new to Python and object oriented programming in general".
It's like trying to write a novel without ever having read a novel.
Why not learn an existing GUI toolkit or two before you try to write
your own?