OT: Wine applicability (was: Python Popularity: Questions and Comments)

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Fri Dec 28 09:05:22 EST 2001

In article <a0hktm$b9g$1 at serv1.iunet.it>, Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:
			.
>I don't do much gaming, but I still have to use Windows (mostly in win4lin
>under Linux) for a few needs (e.g., SOME durned webpages that I need won't
>show correcty under any browser except Internet Explorer).  Not to mention
>that think3 is a mostly-Windows shop, too.
>
>Linux is my preferred platform for most tasks, except that my firewall/etc
>machine runs OpenBSD (sometimes security is more important than richness
>of features, support for strange hardware, and so on).
			.
			.
			.
I'm a tiny surprised; I sincerely thought you
were most comfortable with Windows for COM and
ADO riches.

Alex, do you have any sense of how well "SOME
durned webpages ..." look when viewed with IE
under Wine on Linux?  Are you saying that they
*are* acceptable through win4lin-plus-IE?
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net