Unsung Python modules

jason petrone jp at NOSPAMdemonseed.net
Fri Dec 14 12:47:02 EST 2001

Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> wrote:
> What's your favorite unsung module?

I'm unsure what counts, but if PIL is considered unsung, I suppose I can
claim Numeric as my favorite module.

With Numeric I can use python for Real Work.  Who needs Mathematica?  Who
cares about Matlab?  I have python+numeric+gnuplot.

Also, I love VIM's embedded python interpreter.  I use xemacs occasionally for
english writing(as opposed to code).  My .emacs file is almost 400 lines of
custom elisp.  Thankfully customization of VIM doesn't require thinking
polish-- I can just write python code to do the heavy stuff.

Now if only my window manager(sawfish) spoke python instead of lisp...

jp