smtplib

Senthil Kumar prasent at home.com
Sun Dec 9 21:19:39 EST 2001

I compiled and installed python 2.1.1 in my linux server, I tried to send an
e-mail using python. I wrote a script to import smptlib and send the test
message, I get the following error

--
 import smtplib
Traceback (most recent call last):

I am not sure if this is bug or or I missed something during my python
compilation.

I tried the same script with python 1.6.1 on the same machine it works fine.

I appreciate any feedback to this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Sen Kumar.